Energy & Emissions
Facilities located in the southern hemisphere rely heavily on natural energy for production. Recycled thermal oil, the cleanest method available, fuels the manufacturing process, allowing an efficient and clean return of air back into the environment. Before being released, all emissions are scrubbed and 99% of impurities are sanitized. With a useful life of nearly ten years, this closed loop thermal oil system is subject to careful disposal. Once the recourse is diminished it is sent to government certified suppliers for incineration.
Clean Water Recovery
Spradling realizes that water is one of the world's most valuable resources and should be regarded as such. At both plants, residual waste water is never spilled directly into public pipelines. Instead, it is directed into a holding system that analyzes and treats pH and acidity levels. Solvents, used during the manufacturing process, are distilled through a filtering system that allows for reuse ensuring that nothing enters the water stream.
Recycling & Reutilization
Every step of the manufacturing operation takes into account the full potential of resources. Having facilities situated near the rainforest of Costa Rica and in Colombia, Spradling monitors and conforms to applicable international environmental laws and has consistently met them in all production locations.
IN PRODUCTION: At the Colombia facility, 85% of waste incurred is reused in the creation of new material. The remaining 15% is suitably disposed of through incineration or sold to third parties for other production processes. If incineration practices are used, corresponding certificates are always obtained in accordance to demanding federal regulations. With the strictest concern for environmental awareness the Costa Rica site sells packing and paper waste (tanks, boxes, release paper) to the local communities. What is left within the pipelines is utilized to manufacture new material. All additives that enhance the flexibility of Spradling vinyl are fully recovered and circulated back into manufacturing.
IN APPLICATION: The recommended products for cleaning and maintaining the beauty of vinyl fabrics are 100% biodegradable. The useful life of vinyl coated fabrics is substantially longer than any other synthetic material. Their long service life limits the need for early replacement and therefore consumer disposal of worn material. This also calls for fewer natural resources to be used for production.
SUSTAINABILITY: The long product life cycle of vinyl fabric cuts down on the need of constant replacement. When the time does come, however, there are opportunities for conversion into other useful commodities. 100% of post manufactured product goes to other industries.